Monday, April 15, 2013

Finally a Blog

I am constantly getting asked why I don't have a blog, often by my own children. The problem is that I am a bit of a perfectionist. So, why start a blog when I might not post often enough, might have crappy pictures, might not have the time and energy to make it look the way I want it to, etc., etc. Well, I'm trying to get over my perfectionist tendencies and accept that the best of my abilities really is good enough. So, here is my blog. A time for every purpose. Some people have craft blogs, some people have homeschooling blogs, some people have large family blogs. There are blogs about homesteading, blogs about cooking, and blogs about medical issues. My blog will have all of these. Sometimes I will show you all the lovely things I have knit and sometimes I will be so bogged down with medical issues that I won't have any new knit items to show you. Hence the title. I am Mama to seven beautiful children ages 1 to 16. I am also Stepmama to 2 married daughters. We live in the country on 3 acres with goats, chickens, ducks, and rabbits. We are currently enjoying the fruits(actually pork chops) of our first attempt at raising pigs, and will probably be getting more pigs soon. We have fruit trees and gardens. I knit, crochet, and sew. Occasionally, I even embroider, felt, and make Waldorf style dolls. We do a lot of our cooking from scratch and I will share recipes for the things I actually use recipes for. We have homeschooled our children from the very beginning, so I'm sure there will be plenty of post about that. My youngest son Owen has some severe medical issues, so you will hear plenty about that here too. Since we all know blog posts without pictures suck, here's a picture that my children say pretty much sums up what life in our house is like. Owen hiding out in the bathroom on top of a pile of dirty laundry with a contraband electronic device.

No comments:

Post a Comment