Monday, September 1, 2014

Updates {Sept 1, 2014}

A little over a week ago, I finally decided to take anti-nausea medication for my morning(noon and night) sickness. A week later, my insurance company found a version of the medication that they felt they could pay for. So, Friday, I finally started taking it. I have to take 2 pills a day instead of one, since the insurance company felt that the one pill was newer and more expensive than they wanted to pay for, but it seems to be working! I'm now only nauseous and sensitive to smells, not so sick I can barely move. The drawback is that the medication makes me tired, really tired. I could up the dose and possibly not feel sick at all, but I might be too sleepy to function at that point, so I think I've hit an even medium right now. The good news is that just as I suspected, my blood pressure has been going down now that I'm able to eat and drink normally (or somewhat normally). Which is the reason I decided to try the medication after all. At the doctor's office I was in the hypertensive range. Since I started the medication, my blood pressure has been steadily dropping to point where I'm actually in normal range today.
So anyway, the blog posts should pick up a little now that I'm not feeling quite so sick. I've still been managing to get some projects done. I finished converting some jeans to maternity, I finished a hat for Baby Carlitos, and I've been busy gearing up for our new school year. Pictures will be coming soon. I originally planned to start school tomorrow, the day after Labor Day, but Owen has an appointment in Seattle on Wednesday, so I decided that doing one day of school and then taking a day off didn't make any sense. We'll start on Thursday instead. This week I have a movie and some fun projects planned, then we'll get into the real work next week.
Wednesday's appointment will be a big one for Owen. We have another EEG that should tell us if his recent medication change is working to control the ESES. We've made several diet changes so far that haven't changed it at all. I'm hoping the Onfi increase will have made a difference. If not he will be starting an intensive drug regimen that has the potential for a lot of pretty severe side effects. I'm holding off on planning Owen's Kindergarten routine until we get the results of the EEG and set up his next treatment plan since some of the things I had planned to do this year may not be possible for him if we do the new drug treatment. Anyway, we'll have more of an idea what's going on with that after Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment