Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Baby Kimono

 I've still been working on baby things. This time it's a sewing project though. This little kimono is from a vintage pattern I found at Goodwill. I found this adorable Japanese double gauze fabric at one of my favorite fabric stores, Fabric Worm. They only had a half yard left, so I grabbed it for baby clothes. I got lazy and bought the bias tape instead of making my own. This fabric is so soft, I'd love to make all of baby's clothes out of it. The adorable little penguins were just too much to resist too. I started this project before we found out baby was most likely a girl. I think it's a perfect gender neutral pattern. My babies tend toward jaundice and extremely pale skin and don't look too great in the typical gender neutral yellow.
Penguin close up






1 comment: