Friday, July 26, 2013

Home Again - Ketogenic Diet Update

 We are home from the hospital! We actually were released Wednesday evening, just in time for the worst of Seattle traffic. We made a few stops to get several brand specific items for Owen's diet and to pick up Morgan and Duncan, so we got home well after bedtime.
 Today was spent unpacking, catching up on laundry, finding even more brand specific items for Owen, and creating a plan for the next few days of his diet. I spent over 3 hours either making his food or changing/creating recipes for his diet. I'm too exhausted to post much about the diet tonight, but I plan to have several posts over the next few days. I'll tell more about his hospital stay, explain the ever important "ratio", and give an explanation about why 49 is a good post meal blood sugar for Owen. I'll also explain why we've spent so much time finding specific brands for Owen's ketogenic food.
 For now, I'm just going to post a couple more cute pictures and go to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment