Monday, September 23, 2013

Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit Party!

Sorry, I didn't get any "before" pictures of the food table.
 Yesterday we went to a Lord of the Rings/Hobbit party! Devon and Tilly have spent weeks getting ready for this event.  I spent the last week sewing every spare second to get costumes finished.


 We had hobbits!
Owen as Frodo (borrowing Merri's vest)
This little hobbit was afraid of the troll
The only hobbit with authentic hobbit hair!
 We had elves!
Then there were an assortment of singleton costumes.
Dwarf
Ring Wraith
Troll
I thought this was a Golem costume, but I guess he was a troll too!
warrior

 We had a lot of food that I didn't get good pictures of including One Ring Doughnuts, Smegal's Fish, Hobbit Bread, and Zambian Fry Bread (made by Judah) which was really good even if it was a little off topic. We also had games although several of those got rained out.

 Devon made the Hobbit Hole cake (and looked away while it was being cut). I'll do a post soon with more pictures of the cake as I think it deserves a post of it's own.

 Unfortunately, one thing we didn't have was Enoch as he was taken to the Emergency room this weekend with a ruptured appendix. I'm sure prayers for a quick recovery would be greatly appreciated!

 As usual, I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. We managed to keep Owen from eating anything other than his own food (by watching him like a hawk), but we still had a seizure last night after he fell asleep. We had to give him his rescue med after 4 minutes and it took another 4 minutes for the seizure to stop. I'm calling the neurologist to talk about possibly checking his medication levels sooner than the November visit as he hasn't been sleeping well and I think that is the biggest factor with the seizures. We've been told several times that his medication SHOULD make him sleepy, not wired. We've always noticed the opposite whenever we've increased meds though and I'm thinking the keto diet might be changing how he metabolizes his other drugs. We haven't made new changes to the diet, so I'm not sure what else could be contributing to them unless the diet just isn't going to work for us.

 Yesterday was also my stepdaughter Cassi's birthday, although we didn't get to see her as flying to Kentucky isn't really feasible right now. I didn't get a post up yesterday, so I'll just say "Happy Birthday Cassi!", today instead.

 Interestingly enough the last two times we had to give Owen his rescue meds were also sibling birthdays, Duncan's in May and Cameron's in July. I'm not sure exactly why Owen always seems to have seizures on Birthdays and holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment