Monday, July 7, 2014

The Outdoor Room

Duncan wanted his own outdoor room
It's that time of year again. The approximately 2 weeks out of every year when it gets way to hot in my house. My house is positioned to take in as much natural heat as possible, which is great in the Winter, but not so much in the Summer. This is the time of year when I start wishing we had a screened porch. Since adding one on isn't really financially feasible right now, we make do with a portable one.
We set up our camping gazebo ( the one that usually protects the eating area from rain) and lay out the air mattresses. We plan to sleep here tonight if the little kids will settle down enough. I'll leave it up for a couple of days and we can hang out here, bug free, during the day too. Once the grass is mostly dead or the rain comes back, we'll take it down again, but until then we have an outdoor room to cool off in.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great idea. We are very fortunate that summer porches are very common where we live. I remember sleeping on my grandparents' back porch when I was a little girl, and now my kids sleep on ours pretty much from May until September. It's very exciting for them when we transition the screened porch into the bedroom every summer.

    ReplyDelete