I've been working on a very special project for a friend of Devon's. She found a beautiful vintage lace dress at a consignment store. It just had a few little problems like the way the lace at the front neckline was mitered or actually mutilated and a horrible chiffon ruffle around the neck. Devon and I assured her that we could get the dress in perfect condition.
So, I took the dress apart and eliminated the nasty ruffle and then left the dress sitting in my sewing room for a few months.
Since the event she was planning on wearing the dress for is rapidly approaching, I finally got to work and put it all back together last weekend. Here is the newly mitered (still un-ironed) lace.
Finally! It's all put back together, with a few alterations, a couple of repairs, and without the offending chiffon! Sorry, I didn't think to take before pictures, but trust me the chiffon wasn't pretty. I'm not sure how vintage the dress was for someone to think that was attractive, but it's all fixed up now.