Monday, March 3, 2014

I Think I Prefer the Snow

This is not my pond!
Our snow is finally melting. Very slowly, since the temperature is just barely above freezing. The rain still has a decent number of ice chunks in it. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be anyplace left for the melted snow to go.
This is definitely not my pond.  
My ducks and geese are very happy. The cats and goats however have decided to become strictly indoor pets.
The large body of water in the back of this picture is actually a pond most of the year, but the swamp around it does not belong.
You can see how slowly the snow is melting in this picture. It's been raining non-stop for two days and we still have patches of yard completely covered in white.
My hazelnut trees
Goat pen
This is actually my fire pit, I don't think we'll be burning anytime soon!
Garden
Hopefully everything will dry out soon, but the weather report doesn't seem to think so. There is rain in the forecast as far forward as the forecast goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment