Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Long Time, No Blog

So, it seems I haven't had much to say lately. Okay, actually I've been too busy to get many pictures and I hate blogs without pictures. I'd like to say that I've been incredibly busy doing amazing, fun things, but then I'd be lying. I've actually been incredibly busy doing very mundane things like trying to catch up on dishes after the pipe under the sink broke, putting the kitchen sink out of commission for half a day. If you don't think losing a sink for half of a day can back up dishes for two days, you need to have a few more children.
Yes, she sleeps with her eyes open. She is my child.
I've also been busy doing things like chasing geese into the dog kennel since they won't stay in their own pen and the septic guy has been bit by geese before and doesn't want to get up close and personal with ours. Hey, don't laugh! The first two geese were easy, it was the third one that took over an hour to get into the pen. Wait, septic guy! That's right, after breaking the pipe under the sink trying to fix the clog, we discovered that it was actually the septic that was the problem, so we had to have the guy come out and pump it and check the lines. The good news is that he doesn't think there are any major problems with the system.
Then, I've been busy taking care of two boys who for some inexplicable reason decided to run fevers for a day. No other symptoms and they were both perfectly fine the next day, but fevers always put us on high alert with Owen.
Speaking of Owen, we go in for a 24 hour EEG next Wednesday. I'm trying really hard not to be nervous since I know at the very minimum it will be better than last time. I just also know what I want it to look like and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Then there's the fact that EEG's in general haven't been very pleasant experiences for us. First we had the EEG's right after Owen was born which showed his brain activity to be so slight that the doctors recommended we discontinue life support. Then we had the EEG after the 2 hour and 40 minute seizure. The EEG wasn't bad in that case, just the situation surrounding it was. Our next experience with an EEG was the one where the technician let him seize for almost half an hour. Then there was our first EEG at Swedish. Which was wonderful procedurally, but showed that Owen was having many more seizures than we had even guessed. So, I'm more than a little apprehensive about this one. Unfortunately, so is Morgan. She found out that we were going to the hospital again a few days ago and has been waking up with nightmares every single night since then.
Finally, we have our house issue. We just signed papers with the title company which I can't talk about due to a non-disclosure clause. Now we need to finish things up with the bank and the railroad.  Hopefully everything will be settled soon, but the last few weeks have been pretty stressful.
Owen showing me that he is eating his spinach bites
Brenna throwing a tantrum because I locked the gate on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment