Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First Egg!

I got my first quail egg! It's so cute. Now I just need about 70 more and we can eat them for dinner.
This is a picture of my banty/standard breed mixed eggs next to the quail egg and an extra-large store bought egg. Unfortunately, I do have to buy eggs in the Winter especially since Owen eats about 2 dozen a week all by himself now that he's on the Ketogenic Diet. I've read that it takes about 5 quail eggs to equal one chicken egg. So, if we eat 14 eggs for one meal ( using store bought or the larger of our homegrown ones, we do get bigger ones than the ones in the picture, I just didn't have any when I took the photo) that means we would need 70 quail eggs! Usually, we eat mixed eggs. Banty's, standards, duck, and now quail all mixed together. The kids love having little tiny eggs of their very own though.
Now, I can't wait for the geese to start laying! Won't that be a fun bunch of mixed eggs.

You know you have a son with neurological issues if you can no longer spell egg, because it keeps coming out EEG!



No comments:

Post a Comment