Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Camping 2013

 Now that you've heard all about our trip home, I thought I'd share some pictures of the actual camping trip. We arrived at the campground at about 8:00 at night with only a few minor inconveniences (involving poop and puke, and I admit they didn't seem minor until the trip home). Our friends from the Baker's Dozen had taken our tent with them and had it all set up for us when we arrived. Friday night we shared a fire and s'mores with the Baker's Dozen crew ( and Ben who had only had s'mores one other time) and then headed to bed. It took the little kids a while to settle down. Okay, it actually took the big kids a while to settle down too, but they weren't sleeping in our tent. Connor and Cameron slept with their patrols and Devon shared a tent with Adalia and Tilly.
 Saturday morning started out bright and early( at least early for us) with Rod making pancakes and bacon for breakfast. We hung around camp for a couple of hours and then headed into Leavenworth (more pictures later) when everyone else went hiking. We chose not to hike since that would have put us farther out of emergency range than we were comfortable taking Owen. Cell service isn't very reliable up there. We got back to camp around the same time as everyone else and relaxed a bit before dinner. Brenna invented a new game called "camouflage". It consisted of her sitting on the ground and covering herself with pine needles and dirt.
 It meant that she got to take a bath in the washtub before bed. I think that might have been the highlight of her trip up until the ride home.
 Owen also got a wash tub bath, but his pictures all turned out x-rated.
 Morgan had a blast playing with all the other little girls! She tends to be surrounded by boys here at home so having so many girls her age was nice for her.
 This little boy ran and played in the woods most of the trip and refused to pose for pictures.
 Saturday night, the scouts had a Flag Retirement Ceremony complete with full uniforms and large flames!
 Sunday morning the big kids got up early to go river rafting. We stayed at camp and packed up while this little guy got his beauty rest.
 I checked Morgan's sleeping bag and didn't notice at first that she was still in it. This is the sleeping bag she earned selling girl scout cookies!
 Finally we had everyone fed and everything packed and headed to the park where the rafts come in. We let the little kids run around the playground for a while.
 Brenna broke out from the sunscreen we put on her Saturday, so she got to wear her sun bonnet . I think I need to make her a few more. She is so pale AND has super sensitive skin.
 Finally the rafts started coming in. I actually didn't manage to get pictures of our crew because we didn't realize they were our rafts. The rafting company was using different colored boats than last time Rod or I went. I did get a picture of this raft because some guy in it was waving at us like crazy so we assumed he was one of our group. He wasn't though.
 All in all, we had a great time and would love to go again next year! Minus the car trouble on the way home that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment