Monday, December 30, 2013

Ugly Christmas Sweater!

I just realized that I forgot to post pictures of the Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest winner. Well, one of the three winners, at least. The youth group the three older kids have been going to decided to have an ugly sweater contest at the Christmas party. I think I've mentioned before that I tend to have type A, perfectionist tendencies. Several of my children have inherited the condition as well. Add in my husband's need to win contests which has also been passed down to the next generation, and you get this sweater.
A week or so before the party, Devon started combing thrift stores for the ugliest sweater she could find. But, she kept coming up empty. All the ugly Christmas sweaters were sold out. All she could find was this red turtleneck with a small embroidered Christmas tree on the neck. So, being my child, she decided to embellish it herself. If we can't find exactly what we want, we just make it.
She was originally going to put fake tree branches on it, but they wouldn't stay on, so I cut a felt tree out for her and she started decorating! You can't really see all the beads and sequins in this picture, but those are real candy canes across the bottom. At the last minute, the kids decided it would be even better if Connor wore the sweater than if Devon did. Three winners were chosen, in no particular order, and this was one of them.
The Ha, Ha, Ha, hat was from last Christmas (I think, maybe the year before that), Devon has a coordinating Ho, Ho, Ho, hat.
I love how excited Connor looks in this picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment