Saturday, January 4, 2014

Homemade Potato Chips

We had some friends over around the holidays and someone asked for potato chips. The problem was that I didn't have any potato chips and I didn't feel like going to the store (with several extra children just before Christmas) to get any. I did have potatoes though. So we made homemade chips. These are so incredibly easy and so good, I can't figure out why I don't make them more often.
How do you make them? First start heating oil to about 180F. Then, use a potato peeler to slice thin pieces of potato. Drop them into a big bowl of salted water (No, I don't know how much salt I used). I only used two potatoes for a whole crowd of kids (making store bought chips feel like even more of a rip off). When the oil is heated up, drain the potatoes and start dropping them into the hot oil. Leave enough room to stir them well so they don't stick to the sides of the pot. Cook until they are as done as you like and start another batch. Drain on paper towels and salt if you choose.

See, easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment