Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Matching Dress

Recognize this dress? Brenna needed a dress to match her doll's dress. I'm hoping to make a matching pinafore too, but I don't think I have quite enough fabric leftover. I need to find something else to use for the lining or else I need to check Joann's and see if they have more of the same fabric. This is my first finished project for Kid's Clothes Sewing Week, but I have been sewing for an hour a day all week. Pattern tracing and cutting out all count as sewing for the challenge. I have another project that is almost finished, although I just realized that I can't finished it completely until I have buttons and I don't seem to have any I like, so I'll need to make a trip to the store.  I used one of my favorite Brenna patterns The Handmade Dress, Miss Violet. I've made this little pattern several times for Brenna with different variations each time. This time, I added long sleeves and skipped the smocking.
I don't have any pictures of Brenna in the dress yet since she's still feeling a bit out of sorts and these are the pictures I got earlier when she actually asked me to take her picture. She brought me the camera case and said "Smile" , but this was the best I could get.
Maybe in another day or two, I'll get modeled photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment