Friday, January 17, 2014

Owen's Doughnuts {Ketogenic Diet}

I used THIS recipe to make doughnuts for Owen. The first ones I made he didn't really like, so I added sweetener and some cinnamon and now he really enjoys them. I didn't really make many changes to the original recipe, but I though I'd post it here anyway. That way you can see how a little tiny change can make a big difference.


Macadamia Nut Doughnuts   268 calories at a 3.11:1 ratio

41g   Egg (raw, mixed well)
18g   macadamia nuts, dry rstd w/ss Mauna Loa Kirklandsig
7g   coconut oil-refined
.1g   baking powder- Calumet (Kraft)
.5g   cinnamon, ground
3.5g   Truvia natural sweetener
3 drops Bickford vanilla extract (not calculated, part of the 15 "free" drops)

Grind nuts into butter. Melt coconut oil and mix all ingredients well.
Bake in mini doughnut maker. I don't follow the indicator lights when cooking these. I cook them for a few extra minutes after the light tells me they are ready.

You can see that I followed the original recipe pretty closely. Owen needed a few less calories and a little lower ratio so, I started by reducing the coconut oil. Then I added in the sweetener and cinnamon since I wanted more than just a pinch.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! We are very close to the same ratio/calories so only a few changes will be perfect. Hopefully he will like them this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he'll like them. I didn't really change the original by much, my son eats them much better now though.

      Delete
  2. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Plan to Help Dieters Lose 15 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete