pattern. The designer wanted the dress completed by the end of July. We had a whole month to finish the dress, so I figured I could do the test with out running out of time. Then, I had some problems with the first draft of the pattern and one week into my time limit I pulled the whole thing apart and started over. I thought (for some incomprehensible reason) that I could get a lot of knitting done during Owen's hospital stay, but I was wrong. I finally finished the dress on July 31st. I got Devon to do a photo shoot with Brenna and was only one day late posting photos on my Ravelry page.
This handy little technique lets me have the best of both worlds.
My kids are skinny for their ages, so I should have made the 12 month size to have the amount of grow room I like for Brenna. The designer already had enough testers for that size though, so I did the 18 month size. It had enough grow room that I got curious about how long it might fit and decided to try it on Owen. It actually fit perfectly as a top!