Thursday, May 15, 2014

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day 5

Today's topic is folding techniques. Well, I'm really tired tonight and I don't really feel like blogging, so it's a good thing that I don't have any fancy folding techniques to show you. About 90% of the time, I just fold the diaper into a rectangle and lay it in the diaper cover. I've seen something like this called the "pad fold", but I don't have any special way I fold mine, so I'm not sure if that's really what mine would be called. I have a pretty wide variety of shapes among my diapers (and receiving blankets) so I just fold them to about the right width and then fold in half, or thereabouts lengthwise and put them in the cover. If I'm pinning a diaper on, I do the same thing, only then I fan out the back of the diaper and pin it on. Nothing fancy. I've tried a few different folds, but the reality is I'm lazy when it comes to folding. The only fancy fold I can remember without looking at instructions is the kite fold my Mom taught me a long time ago and I don't really like that fold on moving toddlers. It works great on little babies though.
Receiving blanket in a homemade fleece cover

I did have a little blip in the challenge today. My teenage son changed a diaper and put Brenna in a prefold instead of a flat. I didn't realize it until after she'd wet, so I guess that goes down as a fail for the challenge. Then again, I don't really think a teenage boy changing a diaper voluntarily can ever be a fail!
Two birdseye flats in a cover

No comments:

Post a Comment