Friday, May 9, 2014

More Mud!

I know this looks like a nice, lush, green pasture, but It's actually a swamp. There is about 2 inches of water underneath all the grass.
Up close the whole thing actually looks like this.
So, the other day, when the kids (and Jason who isn't actually a kid although you'd never know it) were having their mud fight, Kalina pushed Jason into the pond. Jason jumped back out and started chasing Kalina.He had just about caught up to her when my adorable little Pomeranian guard dog took offense to some strange guy with an accent chasing after a young girl and decided to intervene. Griffon ran right under Jason's legs tripping him and making him fall into the mud.
This is when we discovered that my underwater field makes a great Slip N Slide. I know that you can buy Slip N Slides at most any store, but they're pretty little and they break quickly under the stress of more than 2 or 3 kids. Many of my large family friends just use a sprinkler and a tarp to make their own "Party Sized" version. Well, it seems that we don't even need to do that. Jason, Kalina, and Griffon had plenty of fun just sliding on the grass.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch any of the really big splashes with my camera, but trust me it was great!





No comments:

Post a Comment