Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tamales

 I have always wanted to learn how to make tamales. I looked at several recipes and decided that I really needed to watch/ help someone who knows how to make them. Today I got that chance. My stepdaughter Kristi and son-in-law Simon had some of their friends over for tamale making and invited me and Devon.

 I didn't get many pictures because I was too busy trying to take notes, take care of Brenna, and help a little too. I have to tell you, if you haven't ever eaten fresh, homemade tamales you are really missing out. I plan on making some at home soon, before I don't remember all the steps. My notes just little reminders, nothing like an actual recipe.

 Brenna got to come play too! Kristi was babysitting a friend's little girl who is 3 months younger than Brenna. the two of them had a great time sharing snacks and demolishing Simon and Kristi's apartment. Kristi's Grandma (on her Mom's side) brought yummy snacks to tide us over until the tamales were finished. A great time was had by all!


No comments:

Post a Comment