Thursday, May 30, 2013

Busy Day and Skagit Bridge

 Today was spent catching up from being gone all day yesterday and getting ready for upcoming events. Tomorrow my Dad goes in for his 3rd surgery of the year. Hopefully this one will actually fix the problem! Saturday, I need to finish shearing Chico our angora goat. He has been incredibly (well, maybe not for a goat) uncooperative this season and won't stand nicely for me to finish. Then Sunday, is my sister-in law's bridal shower, which necessitated taking 5 children to the store today to shop for a gift. On Monday we travel back to Seattle for Owen's appointment with the ketogenic diet team. Then, I think we just have "normal" stuff for a week or so.

 Yesterday, was our first trip south since the bridge collapse. The detour added about 40 minutes (a little less coming home at 8:30) to our  usual 2 1/2 hour trip. The current plan is to have a temporary bridge up in a few weeks. I sure hope so, because we personally saw 2 accidents yesterday alone on the detour. The side roads in the area just aren't built to handle the amount of traffic that usually travels I-5. We have to go back this direction on the 3rd, 13th, 21st, and whenever they schedule Owen for his inpatient stay to actually start the diet.
Here's a really bad picture of just a little bit of the traffic back up.
I'm just so thankful that no one was killed in the collapse. An hour earlier that bridge would have been bumper to bumper traffic.




No comments:

Post a Comment